.

.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

One Love


At one point or another, everyone has experienced the greatness that is Bob Marley, and if not then drop everything you are doing RIGHT NOW and go listen! In his 36 years of life, this lyrical genius wrote reggae music that he infused with a sense of spirituality and protest.

I know every one knows his famous line,"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" and I could not have said it better myself. Music provides an escape from pain, an escape from anything. To lose yourself in the music is an indescribable feeling and Bob Marley captures that amazingly in all of his songs. The lyrics he chose were so powerful and filled each song with so much passion. Listening to his songs you can hear the passion in his voice, see the passion in the lyrics, and feel the passion in the way it makes you feel just as he did when he would perform.

"Though the road feels rocky, it sure feels good to me" - Rainbow Country 

How amazing is this. This is a great reminder that the road you're on does not have to be smooth in order to enjoy the ride. The more you enjoy where you are and what road you are on, the smoother the road will become, not vice-versa. If you are not enjoying the road you are on it will only get bumpier and more difficult. I am constantly experiencing trials in my life that cause me to stop enjoying the road I am on, but every time I find myself lost  I go back to the music and it always bring me back. We all have so many things in life to be thankful for, even when our roads are rocky because you are where you are supposed to be for a reason. Make the most of it and enjoy life, enjoy the music.

Learn to enjoy every moment in life no matter where you are. Don't wait until things get better, begin to make your own happiness now.

Follow your heart, follow the music.






No comments:

Post a Comment