.

.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Moving On...

    With summer coming to a close and graduation in sight, the constant reminiscing seems to be inevitable. Whether good or bad, the past four years have changed me. My college home will forever hold some life changing memories. I went through it all: really high highs, really low lows, lost a few close friends, and fell in love. 
Long Live Old Gregg

    As I move out of my house of two years, I can't help but get sad thinking about how all of those memories are in the past and I will never be in a situation like this again. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the future and what it holds (because right now I honestly have no idea what I am going to do), but the thought of not being in my house and not having all of my people so close is going to be a difficult change.  

    I'll be the first to admit that I have a hard time with transitions, I'm not a huge fan of big changes, but the more I think about it the more excited I get. I don't know what my next move is and this is the first time in my life that this has happened. I have always had my life mapped out: high school, sports, college, graduate, one thing after the next. As terrifying as it is, it is kind of refreshing to be here. Now I truly understand why so many people have told me "the world is your oyster" because after graduation I choose my path, just me, and thats exciting. My ultimate goal is to work with music so we shall see where it takes me (Nashville or New York fingers crossed). But until then, I am going to reminisce as much as I can because come July 31st the first 21 years of my life and school come to an end and the next chapter begins. 

    Music plays a part in my every day life so as I reminisce, old songs come to mind that are subconsciously attached to these memories I have. Going back and listening to the playlists I have made over the years makes me smile. I can close my eyes and feel as though I am right back in that memory. I remember what I was doing, who I was with, and how I felt, how the music made me feel. Music can influence anything. It can turn a casual get together into a crazy party where people end up dancing on the island in our kitchen. It can turn a normal pregame into a 90's boy band throwback sing along (which I'm not gonna lie, happened often). Or it can simply be playing in the background as you sit on the top porch watching the sun set, falling in love. Music has narrated my life. Big changes that happen always bring me back to the memories and the music, and I wouldn't want it any other way. I thank the music and my amazing friends for giving me such beautiful memories.
Here's a list of songs that moved me through college and will forever go hand in hand with some of the best and most memorable times of my life. The genres bounce around a bit, but its more entertaining that way anyways right? 

Let the music follow you through your journey. 





No comments:

Post a Comment